Protos Packaging Limited is 100% dedicated to protecting the personal information of its suppliers, customers and website visitors (working in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations 2018).
For all our services the data controller that’s responsible for your privacy/data is Protos Packaging Limited, if you have any questions or wish to learn more please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
What information may we collect and how do we use it?
|How We Use Your Name And Contact Details
|To deliver your goods
||In order to meet our end of the contract we have to be able to process and deliver the goods
|To send you transaction messages and updates
||So we can keep you up to date on the status of your order and advise when it will arrive
|To send you updates by email or post about new products/services
||To keep you up to date and informed, we ask permission and you can unsubscribe at any time
|How We Use Your Contact History
|Customer service and technical support
||So we can provide you with the best experience possible!
|How We Use Your Purchase History
||In the very rare event of a quality recall
|Customer service, support and returns/credits
||So we can fulfil your customer service expectations
||So we can adequately plan our capactiy and forecast for future orders
|How We Use Information About Your Phone Or Computer (e.g Cookies, OS, etc.)
|Improve our website
||So it’s easier to browse our site and find out the information you need
Sharing your information
Although we don’t ever sell your information to other companies there are times when we do need to provide your information to third party companies fitting the following categories:
- Delivery companies (so we are able to get your orders shipped to you)
- Payment service providers (so we are able to process your payments)
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies etc.
- Credit reference agencies, fraud provention agencies and law enforcement
- Supply partners and sub-contractors (to optimise your lead time)
What are your rights?
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
How long do we keep your information?
The length of time we keep information depends on the nature of the information, laws and how we use it.
For legal purposes we usually hold your data as long as you are an active customer or for 7 years except in the following conditions:
- The law requires us to hold your information for a longer period or remove it sooner
- You exercise your right to have the information removed, unless it contravenes with legal requirements
How do we secure your information?
- Stringent policies, both for internal and external data processing and usage. Minimal access/use of data required at all times
- Firewall, sever and workstation security software
- Fully encrypted cloud backups (we own the private key)